If you are one of those men out there dreading the very holiday that most women hold dear, you have come to the right place! I understand your fear given that according to Statistics Brain Research Institute, 53% of women would end their relationship if they didn’t a Valentine’s Day Gift from their lover. For men, this day of love is a pressure cooker to perform outside of the bedroom. In fact, the pressure to perform in the bedroom does not hold a candle to what is expected of men on this most romantic day of the year.
The onus is on men to make their woman feel adored, honoured and cherished. There is often a public expectation to demonstrate this expression of never-ending l’amour. There is so much pressure that many men cannot hold up to it and may fail miserably which sends the wrong message to the woman they truly love. The gift on Valentine’s Day is often the litmus test for a relationship (especially new ones).
8 Fun Facts About V-Day
- Worldwide, approximately 110 million roses (majority red) will be sold within a 3-day period
- 73% of men buy flowers
- 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers – to make a statement
- Every year, around 1 billion cards are sent
- Teachers receive the most cards followed by children, mothers, wives, and then, sweethearts
- Parents receive 1 out of every 5 cards
- About 3% of pet owners will give gifts to their pets
Regardless of what you do, it is important to do something – it is safer that way! So, I’ve prepared a few tips for you to consider to help make your Valentine’s day a success for both of you. Remember, it is fine to acknowledge your lover within your budget. Impressing by going broke is not impressive!
Great Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas To Get You Started
- Listen to your lover before Valentine’s Day because of lot of women drop hints
- Sentimental gifts and nights out are worth more than pricey gifts
- Have no reservation to make a reservation to dine out
Some Hints for a Special Evening at Home
- Prepare your place/Make it easy on yourself – grab a take away meal from a restaurant
- Indulge in a bottle of wine or champagne that you normally wouldn’t buy
- Finish off with a massage, a couples bubble bath, and/or playful couch time
Gift Ideas for Your Sweetheart
Believe me, experiences together are worth their weight in gold. According to TIME Magazine, over 80% of women would appreciate an experience more than a tangible gift. To that end, here are some ideas:
- Go skiing, hiking, play tennis, or plan a weekend getaway
- Take a couple’s cooking class or go for a couple’s massage
- Give a “love voucher” to break from the mundane routines of the bedroom for a special sex night or take a trip to a sex shop and let her pick out anything she desires! The Womanizer, clitoral suckling device is a fan favourite!
- Rent a soft porn flick like “Aphrodite Superstar” directed by a woman who knows exactly what women want in porn or “Trial Run” a movie with amateur actors that will not disappoint. Both have a good plot and story line which is what women enjoy in soft porn.
- Tell your partner what you love most about them – 25 reasons why I love you in a card
Single Men & Women Can Spread the Love Too
But what if you find yourself single? Valentine’s Day does not have to be about romantic love and keep in mind that many couples are just going through the motions and not in a sexy way. Make Valentine’s Day about spreading the love so do something “love”ly for someone you know or care about or someone in need.
Maybe this Valentine’s Day you will set a goal to meet someone so that next year you are not single but rather shopping for your new found lover! A great way to meet someone is through matchmaking services like Divine Matchmaking, matchmaking of the highest order. So head on over to their website because you won’t be sorry and you will be getting back to the bedroom sooner than you think!