I am often asked about penis size on the CKNW Sunday Night Sex Show by both men and women. Men are curious if their member is big enough and women are afraid that their man’s member is too big…
According to research, 16.6% of women experience sexual pain (also known as dyspareunia) for a variety of reasons from vaginal dryness or vaginal atrophy, to involuntary vaginal contractions (vaginismus), infection, menopause and more. No one wants to do anything that will hurt and sex may hurt before, during, and afterwards.
THE WELL-ENDOWED MAN
There is one rarely discussed non-medical reason which is sex with the ‘well-endowed man.’ Some women can handle any size penis; however, it can be a source of discomfort and pain for many.
Most men measure up lengthwise at a meager 5.5 inches and mere 4.7 inches of girth for an erect penis; however, there are men who fall on the longer and wider side of the bell curve. You may have heard of ‘Mr. Big’ or you’ve been brushed up against his bulge and you are downright scared of what’s to come. But, fear not! There are a number of ways women can handle this larger-than-life man with a member to match. Remaining calm, having confidence, and using caution to take it slowly will increase your pleasure… one inch at a time.
ACCOMMODATING YOUR MAN’S LARGE MEMBER
As long as the vagina is moist and elastic, then there should be no issue accommodating your man’s large member. Estrogen is the hormone regulator of the vagina; not only does it balance pH, but it also helps to prevent infection and aids with elasticity of the vaginal tissues.
Keep calm and follow these guidelines about how to enjoy pleasurable sex with Mr. Big:
- Water-based, fragrant-free, colourless lubrication is your best friend (and use plenty of it). Slather it on your lady bits and stroke his member with it as well. Insert some lube into your vagina relying on your body temperature to warm it up. Moisturizers used regularly play a major role because this provides longer term relief… and as I always say, it is just as important to moisturize your vagina, as it is your face.
- Foreplay is vital in making love with this major man. Getting and remaining really turned on is key (hello, porn?) and the lead up allows for your own vagina to lubricate and help it to stretch. Have him work his magic fingers (likely large as well) exciting you in prep for penetration.
- Open wide. This is a time when the yoga classes will come in handy, ladies. Stretching is not just for the vagina; spread your legs wide open with knees bent in the “frog-like” position.
- Hold him, touch him tenderly and guide his member inside of you, take it slowly, one inch at a time, whispering in his ear, kissing, licking, inviting more and more of him in slowly, gently, warmly. Try different positions to see which is more comfortable and at what angle.
- Is Thrust a Must? The level of thrust may need to be gentle at first but the level of trust needs to be strong throughout. If he is gentle with you and allows you to be his guide, your experience will be full of pleasure not pain and you will feel empowered, trust me!
- This may sound counter-intuitive but believe me, if you bear down slightly on your pelvic floor as your big boy is penetrating you, your vaginal muscles will loosen up. This is where your Kegel exercise experience will come in handy.
- Be mindful. Picture your genitalia. Thinking about your genitalia during sex may increase sexual sensation, improving desire and arousal and lead to more satisfying sex in women according to research.
Remember, size matters so the more frequently you have sex with Mr. Big, the more pleasurable it will be! Practice makes perfect and will get you and Mr. Big back to the bedroom more and more!